Friday, December 6, 2013

Make Folsom Weird

 
Speaking of mermaids... "Ascent" by Sunwolf Dawn Grove
Howdy folks! I need your input!

Been thinking a lot about some favorite small businesses in the area closing down and mourning the loss of some of the "flavor" that I had so loved in Folsom. I have also been thinking about starting back up a blog when I was watching an episode of Grimm. (Huh? Yes, well, bear with me for a moment.)

In the show a visiting character is freaking out about seeing supernatural happenings (mermaids, etc.) when the main character just passed it off saying, "It is Portland." I immediately thought of the "Keep Portland Weird" campaign that had started (actually borrowed from Austin, TX) several years back to support small local business and I had a thought: I could write about the small businesses, events and people that give us our own unique flavor and celebrate those who....

MAKE FOLSOM WEIRD!

Being weird myself I thought this could be a fun way to get out and support local business, artists and events and meet other weirdo's. Sooo...
Will you give me ideas about who or what to write about? Are you a small business owner that has a weird bit-o-flavah? (Please keep it PG for general audiences. My kids read my blogs.) Will you help me find the weirdness, the flavor, in Folsom?

Keeping it Weird,
SunWolf Dawn Grove

(Initially posted to myfolsom.com -very fun website to visit- and thought I would use it as my first post)

No comments:

Post a Comment